Religious Tolerance Website

Seeing the information that was placed on the Religious Tolerance website was never insightful. I can honestly say that I didn’t notice some of the issues that they informed us about. I was so shocked when I saw that there are actually individuals out there who consider masturbation as a sin, and  that one would spend eterity in hell if they participated in the act. I honestly could help but laugh when

reading this. The world continues to amaze me, by the things some people come up with. The site stated that individuals relate masturbation to adultery. But if one practices masturbation with their husband/wife, is it really adultery or a sin?? Me personally(not saying that I do it) but I don’t see anything wrong with masturbation. One has the right or pleasure to do whatever they want with their body, and in this case, if it makes them happy and orgasm, I’m happy for them.

After looking through some of the hot topics, I took a look at many of the different religions. Two that were very interesting to me were Vodun and Jain Dharma (Jainism). I wasn’t aware that the Vodun religion had been around for so long, and was amazed by how many countries still practiced the religion. The religion goes as far back as 6,000 years and has 6 million participants as of today.

Jain Dharma traces its roots to a succession of 24 Jinas in ancient East India. The first Jina was believed to have been a giant who lived 8.4 million years ago, and the last Jina was Vardhamana who is considered of the Jain community.

When reading about all the religions, I realized that not everyone has the same beliefs and just because we not believe or understand what another individual does doesn’t make their religion less important that the religion we participate in .